Friday, July 16, 2004

The Voice am in LOVE with ...

My mobile was ringing when I was in deep sleep. It was almost 12 in the midnight. I was very reluctant to pick up the call.But I had to..I said "Hello" and there was no voice from the opposite side. I was like who is this calling  in the midnight !!! Now with my voice lilraised I said "Hello...".But this time a soft voice said
 " Hello darling !!! Wish you a happy new year ".




 In this busy life I forgot that it was last day of the passing year and the whole world is celebrating the eve of new year. Being in a private organization I had to work on the next day that is January 1 st too. As I was very tired I had to go early to bed. Most of us runfor the race of life and forget or forgo many things in our life...those gossips with friends,teasing others, silly fights, lieing to parents for being late to home, those tensions during exams, bunking the classes and watching movies, we miss a lot. We are so much isolated withworld that its difficult to remember important dates or ocassions.Theres a lot of change in mylife atleast from college days. We used to remember most of our friend's birthdays, and startpreparations before one week to give them surprise gifts. We used to count on for holidays. Now it hardly matters whether it is a saturday or sunday or any auspicious day. We used to cherish each and every moment of our life. Now theres no time to think about life if not to cherish about it. Our lives have become so mechanical....I was not aware that time changes a person so much...the way he or she thinks, their habits etc. We have to forgo our hobbies, interests, many things.
And in the midst of this busy life that voice made a magic. I was spellbound with those words.I did not bother to think about who it was. By the time I came back to this world from my thoughtsthe line went dead. I said "Hello" again inspite of knowing that the line was disconnected. Till todayI dunno who it was .............that sweet catching voice of a boy who would be around 5-7 years old.We both may never meet again in our lifes. He may forget this as he grows old and moreover it wasone of many wrong calls that he made on that day. But it made a lasting impression on me.
   The voice that made me think for a while....the voice that took me into my past....the voice that made me realize what am missing...and the voice I am in Love with. 
  
  
 

1 comment:

AnilKumar said...

It was me Harshitha, Me. Did I sound like a 5-7 year old one's.