Saturday, July 17, 2004

I am sorry "MA"

Most of the times I have been hearing to the comments "ur so rude ", "u dont mind what others
think", "u dont have control when you are angry", "think before you say something".But I never used
to accept it...according to me its my way of behaving or responding.Afterall everyone could not be alike
in this world.

I did not repent till I had to face this situation with my family member - my mother.
I work in Bangalore and I go home every alternate weekend. And I carry my address book wherever I
go.My mother is very conscious about keeping things organized. She doesn't like anything lying here
and there. Even in our college days she used to arrange our book racks and mismanage them like she
used to keep them along with my sister's books and I used to find it difficult to locate my boooks. So if something is
lost or not seen in my home she was responsible. It happened many a times not only with me but with my other
family members as well.





And that day my address book was missing.I had to call up my boss to ask for leave and his number
was in that book.And we were not supposed to take leave without his permission. Everyone in the
house started blaming her for it. It had so many other important contact numbers.We searched a
lot but we couldn't find and I had to come back on monday to office. She was also very much upset for that book.
But all that she can say was I dint see it.But I had to say harsh words to my mother for which I repent for the
life time.I did not even bother to say bye to my mother while coming back to chennai.


Finally I reached my hostel and to my shock the address book was on my bed. I felt so bad and embarassed
for whatever I did at home and I rushed to pick up my cell and ring home. At the same time my cell rang
and the call was from home.As soon as I picked up the phone my mother had to say " Sorry da, cause of me
u were not able to take leave". Poor lady she had to accept the blame for something which she is not responsible for.
Tears poured down my cheeks. And I was not able to speak anything for few minutes. And I pulled up all my
courage to tell her that the book was with me and is not lost. But her reaction was "thank god u dint loose it".
But she did never complain for the words I spoke to her. The only person after God in this world who can forgive
you is a "MOTHER".Even today whenever I think of this I feel so sorry for my mother and without my knowledge
my eyes will be filled with tears.

Recollecting my statement "Afterall everyone could not be alike in this world". Everyone will not be as bighearted
as a mother is.First time in my life I had to accept that I was rude, I was harsh. Cause of my ego or whatever
I was not sorry for my rudeness.I was not bothered to think about how far others were right. But today I fell sorry
for those who are hurt cause of my rudeness or foolishness.

1 comment:

neosense said...

touching