Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Featured Blog

I have been writing online since 2003. Never did I want to make money of my writing. It was just for my own happiness or satisfaction. Never did I even want an audience for it. I was just throwing my thoughts, frustrations out into the void of internet in the form of words. In fact having an audience made me uncomfortable. Conscious. I shared my writings with only few selected trusted set of friends. I have been blogging under a different name a few years back.

But well, what the heck? Who cares about me? Who would follow me or my life? So I thought I would go public and so I did.  Around 5 years back. Few of my posts have been featured, had great audience, and have been reviewed. To be honest, one of the reasons for not going public was that I did not like critics. I hated any comments - good or bad. It was as if I was writing to meet some one's expectations. And the need for my writing was exactly the opposite. Something that I did for myself. Yeah I for sure cannot explain this complicated reasoning. I know!

Anyways, today is the first time my writing earned me money. My post - How Much Of Your Life Is By Chance got featured and MouthShut paid me 1000/-. Well, my post on Chance did give me a lucky Chance to pursue writing. Now am dreaming about writing and lately I realized am good in non-fiction than fiction. But I like fiction. Lets see! Party Time.

No comments: