Sunday, September 04, 2005

DBNJ

I got up at 6 in the morning not waiting for the alarm to wake me up. It was much awaited sunday! I have been looking for this day. I was very eager to visit this place, DBNJ. A place for street kids...where they are sheltered and educated. I was very proud that I have adopted a child and now that I was going to visit those kids personally. But it was not too long that I had to belittle myself. There were so many people who contributed to such a noble cause. Not alone me! There were many who also personally helped or involved in such projects. I was just nothing and the help that I did was just a monetary help. I felt that there was no reason for me to be so proud of what I did. Many a times I just have this feeling that I have done a great job. But was I able to really help a kid? Was I able to personally help an orphan kid. Those kids there, do not know who were their parents. All that they remember is the railway station that they were brought up.

The kids there were very friendly and discplined. Though they did not know me they wished me with a smile. Each smile told me that you could have done more or you could do more. The moment I leave that place they would forget me. Can I do more to have an attachement with them? How would they feel to know that theres really some good friend whom they could count on! Someone who visits them quite often? I remember those days of my childhood where we used to be joyous on knowing that some relative is gonna visit us!

Am a good thinker but not an implementor. Thatswhere one is differentiated from others. Evryone can think but only few can achive/ implement what they think/ dream.

No comments: