Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Being Yourself

After so many days, may be after months I enjoyed the day thoroughly being myself. Just myself. I totally forgot about poor Leo and his illness, or that I am married. Few men might have found my behavior weird or I don't know ( as per their conformance of what a married woman should be :-P). But I did not notice any such thing, may be its just me being over conscious about being married.

It was a fun day at work. Bowling, Archery and a good meal with team. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing - screaming, cheering, whining, and most importantly *winning*. Even if I had not won I would still have enjoyed the game. I forget myself when I get involved in such things. I behave like a child. And I don't care. I seriously admire the guy who said there is no fun in being old if you dont know how to be a child. Is it the sport, or the people? I like playing, but did not long to be part of any games/ sports. Did not even try. If I did, it was cause someone forced me into it. May be cause I did NOT take sports seriously I enjoy them :-). People - May be. I like crowds. I like being among hundreds of people. Not just being, but involved in some activity. I hate to admit it. But there it is. Sitting at home all these days might have made the BIG difference. For a tiny tiny moment I missed my bachelor days.

Thinking of fun, there are many forms to it. I almost decided being happy is more than enough. But I guess there should be different dimensions to everything.  Say, you might be happy in your personal life but that should not be the only life. One should have a profession, a hobby, an interest, something that keeps them from getting bored in life. Any fun or joy that you get from these is an added bonus. Its a different kind. Whatever happens in personal life is mostly by chance than choice. And rest is your choice.

Having fun in what you have chosen is more fun than fun in what has been chosen for you. Wow, so many fun words in a single sentence. Sure I am high!

No comments: